At St. James's Place, we want all our services to be as easy to use as possible and available to people with physical disabilities. This area describes the accessibility of our services.
For visually impaired users, we recommend the following speaking browsers which are available for a free trial period:
We are following the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 as specified by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). All Priority Level 1 measures have been met and level 2 where possible. These include:
- Using meaningful ALT text for all images and providing descriptive text of significant images.
- Avoiding the use of FRAMES which are difficult for special browsers to interpret.
- Providing text descriptions of multimedia content on our site.
- Using descriptive link titles.
Change Browser Font Size
You can change the font size using options in the browser menu system. This size is persistent across visits to the site. To do this:
- Internet Explorer: Choose View, Text Size and then one of largest, larger, medium, smaller or small.
- Firefox: Choose View, Text Size and then Increase or Decrease.
Change Screen Resolution
Reducing the resolution of your screen will increase the size of the text. To do this:
Windows: From the Start menu select Settings and Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, select Display, and then select the Settings tab. In the Screen Resolution section, move the slider marker to the left. This will effectively increase the text size. Press OK to implement the changes.